PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cheers to New Beginnings!

Everyday is a blessing from God;

an opportunity to start fresh and new.


Excuse me, do I know you?
Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Kristin and my personal goal is to live my footloose and fancy-free life in a way that honors God. I'm a 20-something woman living in south-central Pennsylvania with my husband and fur-baby, Casey. I'm a second grade teacher, an amateur photographer, and a domestic goddess in training.

Hmmm... You look familiar. Have we met before?

It's quite possible that we've crossed paths before. Blogging is not completely new to me. I began a blog back in January of 2011 to document the pregnancy of my first child. However, after 12 weeks of pregnancy, I was given the most devasting news any mother can hear; I learned that my baby did not have a heart beat. At that point, my blog became a therapeutic outlet for the feelings I experienced during that dark season of my life. To read more about that time of my life, click {{here}}.

I'm so excited to turn a new page and start fresh with my brand new blog, Fancy-Free Life!

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

One day during my daily devotions, I was reading from the book of Ecclesiates in the Message Bible. I stumbled upon Chapter 11, verses 7-10.

 7-8 Oh, how sweet the light of day,
   And how wonderful to live in the sunshine!
   Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted.
   Take delight in each light-filled hour,
   Remembering that there will also be many dark days
   And that most of what comes your way is smoke.

 9 You who are young, make the most of your youth.
   Relish your youthful vigor.
   Follow the impulses of your heart.
   If something looks good to you, pursue it.
   But know also that not just anything goes;
   You have to answer to God for every last bit of it.

 10 Live footloose and fancy-free
   You won't be young forever.
   Youth lasts about as long as smoke.

Needless to say, I was inspired. Fancy-Free Life has a nice ring to it, and I'm excited to document my adventures as a teacher, photographer, and wife through the lens of my new blog.

So... if I follow your blog regularly, what can I expect to see?

My posts are going to range in topic from teaching ideas to photography tips... from traveling adventures to learning to be a domestic goddess. I want to share the little things that delight me and the moments that inspire me. I hope you check back often :)

Okay, I just have to ask. Where in the world did you find such a cute blog?!

I'm so glad you asked! I searched and searched online for a blog design that would match my ideas for my blog. Unfortunately, none of the generic, pre-made designs were striking my fancy. After one extremely frustrating night of unsuccessfully creating my own design, I read on one of my favorite blogs, SHADYLANE BLOG that Shaina (the blog owner) was offering personal blog design services! It was like a prayer had been answered. I emailed her that very morning, and within 24 hours, a contract was signed and the design production was underway. I love, love, love her work, and she truly captured exactly what I wanted in my blog. Thank you, Shaina!

Before I go, is there anything else you'd like to say?

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog! Please come back often and feel free to FOLLOW ME to stay in touch. Now, go on and get busy living that footloose and fancy-free life! :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment