PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oh, Baby!

I'm so ready to shout it from the rooftops...
 
 
I have stayed away from the blogging world for a few weeks because it was impossible to post about my life when I was trying to keep the biggest secret ever! Jason and I are completely over the moon with excitement. This baby has been longed for, hoped for, prayed for... for a very, VERY long time.
 
I am officially finished my first trimester and I'm excited to start my weekly updates!
 
How Far Along:  13 Weeks
 
Size of Baby:  Baby is approx. 3 inches long - about the size of a peach.
 
 
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I am down 7lbs from the beginning of my pregnancy. The nausea took away much of my appetite during the first trimester.
 
 
Maternity Clothes:  I'm in an awkward stage right now. My regular pants aren't very comfortable (even with the rubber-band trick), but maternity pants don't fit great either because I don't have much of a belly to hold them up. Needless to say, it takes me for-ev-er to get dressed in the morning because I am never happy with how I look/feel in my clothes. ...What an awesome problem to have, right?
 
Gender: We don't know yet, but we hope to find out in December. I have had dreams of both boy and girl, so we shall see!
 
Movement: Not feeling any movement yet... can't wait for the flutters :)
 
What I miss: Having energy! Being able to eat spicy foods.
 
Cravings: I crave fruit... plums, grapes, strawberries, peaches, clementines, lemons, just to name a few. The only food that does not sound appealing to me at all is fried chicken.
 
Symptoms: Through the first trimester, I would get sick and throw up every morning when I got out of the shower. It was like clockwork. Surprisingly, I would start to feel better once my stomach emptied out. Throughout the day, though, the nausea would come back at random times. I've felt lots of fatigue, needing to nap every day after school and go to bed by 8pm.
 
Best Moment This Week: I ordered a Sonoline B Fetal Doppler and it came in the mail this week. After about 30 minutes of searching, I found the baby's heartbeat. It was music to my ears! The baby's heartbeat ranges from 160-170 when I listen.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My next appointment on Monday! The doctor will listen for the baby's heartbeat with her Doppler, and if it takes too long for them to find it, I will have another ultrasound.

Here are some ultrasound pictures from previous appointments:

8 weeks 4 days
10 weeks 4 days

 
 
 
 xoxox till next week :)
 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Aww, so exciting! :) That's so awesome that your prayers have been answered! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an exciting time for you! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete