PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas 2013!

Jesse's first Christmas was A LOT of fun! For some reason, I was thinking his first Christmas wouldn't be that big of a deal, because he'd be too little to get into it all... but that definitely was NOT the case! Now that he's on the move, he LOVES playing with toys (and random household objects, too)... so our first Christmas as a family ended up blowing away my expectations :-)
 
Here's my Santa Baby!
 
 
The weekend before Christmas, we went to my grandparents' house to celebrate Christmas with my Dad's side of the family. Jesse got his first Hess Truck - this is tradition on the Singhas side - the boys all get a collectable Hess truck at Christmas and the girls get a China doll. He also got a special book that his Great Aunt Patti made for him about Noah's Ark, a Lullaby Elmo, some clothes, and an ornament!
 
 
Yummy, wrapping paper!
 
 
 
 
My niece, Harper, opening her gifts:
 
 

 
On Christmas Eve, we went to my Aunt Penny's house. When I think back to the Christmases of my childhood, Aunt Penny's Christmas Eve get together was/is always my favorite event. We had a wonderful time with family, and Santa Claus even showed up. Jesse thought Santa sounded an awfullllllll lot like his Poppy ;-) He kept looking at him like, "I think we've met before! I know you from somewhere..."
 
\
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After we got home on Christmas Eve night, we put Jesse to bed. I got busy finishing up some wrapping... and by finishing up, I mean staying up till almost 2am because I had very little accomplished in the first place. Gah!  When I finally went to bed, I noticed that Santa had already been to our house! There was a little pile of presents under the tree for Jesse :-)
 
 
 
On Christmas morning, Jesse came crawling out the hallway to the living room. Instead of going for his pile of presents, he proceeded to go after the cat :-) Typical. Boy loves his kitty.
 
We finally drew his attention to the presents and he crawled over to them and just stared and smiled at the presents... taking it all in :-)
 
 
He started grabbing the wrapping paper, and of course, tried to eat it. :-)
 
 
Jesse got a Sit & Stand Walker, Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Mail Box, Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Kitchen, a Vtech Learn & Discover Driver (steering wheel), a stacking toy, a book, and a Sesame Street DVD.
 
My Hubby and I exchanged gifts, too. He got me the Adobe Lightroom editing program that I've been eyeing up for a while now! He also gave me $150 spa gift certificate to go get pampered one day. I'm always borrowing tools from his toolboxes in the garage, so he got me my own little tool set too. My Hubby is so hard to buy for, so I just got him some of his favorite things - a pack of Special Dark Hershey Bars from Sam's Club, his favorite gum, a gift card to Summit Racing where he buys parts for his mustang, gift cards to Taco Bell and his favorite BBQ joint, a mustang t-shirt, and an aluminum mustang sign for his garage.  
 
After we finished exchanging gifts as a family, it was time to head to my in-laws house for lunch. We had a great time exchanging gifts and spending time with my Hubby's side of the family.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After a fun day with my in-laws, we headed to my parents' house to celebrate Christmas with them, my brother and sister-in-law, and my niece Harper. The 60 minute drive was perfect for Jesse because he needed the chance to recharge his batteries :-) As we were driving, we had to pull over to get a shot of the sunset. It was GORGEOUS!
 
 
We had a great time celebrating with my side of the family... but by this point in the day, the babies were exhausted. The did sooo good for as late as it was and as tired as they were, though.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a wonderful Christmas and hope everyone else had a blessed holiday, as well.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment