PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Me, Myself, and I



 
1. What's your biggest phobia?

I know from my years as a psychology major that phobias are strong, abnormal, irrational fears. I can say that I strongly dislike snakes... and I strongly dislike heights... but phobias? Hmmmm. I guess the biggest phobia I have is losing my husband. ...Weird, right? I mean, I know it sounds silly because eventually everyone's life comes to an end and I know that someday, either he or I will be the first to leave this Earth, thereby leaving the other behind. But seriously. I don't ever want to know what that feels like... to not have my Hubby by my side anymore. Sometimes at night when J is out working late (the joys of being the wife of a mechanic!), I lay in bed wide awake, praying to hear the crunching sound of gravel in our driveway to let me know he's home. A series of completely irrational thoughts runs through my mind during those minutes that feel like hours, like "What if something happened to him? What if he was in an accident? How would I take care of this house all by myself? Would they send a police officer to come give me the bad news if something did happen?" ...Yeah, I guess it's a phobia. I just don't want to live a day without my hubby, that's all.


2. If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?

This one is a no-brainer. I would relive my wedding day. When I say "relive", I mean that my day would go exactly as it had the first time around. Our wedding day was perfect. There were so many special moments... from the card Jason sent me early in the morning with a rose and a poem that he had written... to the jittery excitement of getting ready with my girlfriends... to taking my Daddy's arm and walking down the aisle to the man of my dreams... to promising to love J for the rest of my life... to being chauffeured by my Pap in his '57 Chevy... to partying on the dancefloor at the mansion for our reception. I'd LOVE to relive that day... to experience those special moments and see so many of our loved ones who have since then gone to Heaven.

3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would that be?

Blah, who would want to stay the same age forever?! Not me. There is too much beauty to experience in every season of life to stay one age for all time. No thank you!

4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?

I have been told that I look like Kelly Clarkson before.
Do you see it?

5. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?

The Teenage Years:  MmmmmBop by Hanson
The College Years: Drops of Jupiter by Train
The Dating Years: Me and You by Kenny Chesney
The Married Years: A Thousand Years by Christina Perry
The Teaching Years: You Make Me Smile by Uncle Cracker


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Definitely can see Kelly Clarkson! Love how you answered the soundtrack question! Great song choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH you guys do look alike.
    New follower over hurrrr.

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lady! I just came across your cute blog via the hop and I'm so happy to be your newest follower! Also I'd love to invite you to a fabulous triple giveaway I'm having right now!

    Hope to see you there, and thanks so much!
    xo

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete