PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 30, 2012

17 weeks!


How Far Along?  17 weeks, 4 days
 
Size of Baby: About the size of a sweet potato!
 
 
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No gain or loss this week - surprisingly! I had plenty of Thanksgiving dinner over the last week, LOL. Still down 5lbs from beginning of pregnancy. Doctor is very happy with progression of weight gain (or lack thereof) thus far. She said after 24 weeks, I should start gaining approx. a pound per week.
 
Maternity Clothes: Just got a shipment today from an online maternity consignment store that I have been frequenting... 6 shirts and a pair of dress pants for less than $50! I don't mind wearing slightly used clothing, especially when this wardrobe will be packed away after baby comes.

Gender: The countdown is ON! Jason and I go for our anatomy sonogram on Thursday December 13. I was hoping for an appointment on the 14th, because we plan to share the news with our parents on the 15th. However, much to my dismay, there were no appointments available on the 14th. It's going to be hard finding out what we're having... and then having to keep a tight lip at work the next day! ...But grandparents should know first. CANNOT WAIT to find out if we're going to have a little man or little lady.

Movement: Lots of action tonight, actually! Movement this week has still been inconsistent, but this evening I've been feeling a lot of flutters in the general area where I find the baby's heartbeat. Someone is finally making his/her presence known!
 
What I miss: Being able to take medicine without stressing over it! I've had lots of headaches over the last week... like, REALLY BAD headaches. The kind where you need an icepack on your head, a very dark room, and 60 minutes of silence before you can think about moving without wanting to throw up from the throbbing. Ended up going to Urgent Care and the doc there felt I have a sinus and throat infection. So, I'm on a baby-safe antibiotic and praying I get some relief!
 
Cravings: This morning, I almost made myself late for work because I *had* to stop at a convenience store to pick up a bottle of strawberry milk. ...And as I was trucking it to milk cooler, a display of fresh tropical fruit caught my eye. So, I bought some of that deliciousness too. Even though milk does not agree with all of the gross sinus drainage I have going on, the craving is still there and I could seriously chug a glass of ice cold milk.
 
 
Symptoms: Oh, my aching back!!! My lower back has been really giving me a fit this week. WhatToExpect says that it's common to experience lower back discomfort around this time because my posture is changing as my body changes.

Best Moment This Week: Had a great baby doc appointment on Monday. Met a new doctor and felt instantly comfortable with her. She ordered the anatomy ultrasound that day, too. Also loving the movement I'm feeling this week.
 
Looking Forward To: Decorating for Christmas this week, feeling better, and counting down more days until we see our baby again!
 
Here's a couple of phone-pics from this week:
 
 
 
 
...THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment