PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Blessing Box

So, I've been reading the Blessing Box entries on my Instagram friend Beth Ann's blog each week (click {{here}} to check out her super cute blog) and every week I make a mental note to participate the following week... and then that mental note gets lost in the shuffle of being a full time working mother, teacher, wife, blah blah blah, and I never get around to posting.
 
But. Here I am :-) I need to take the time to give God the glory for the good He's doing in my life! It's so easy to focus on how exhausted, overwhelmed, and just tired I am these days... but there's so much going right, and I can't lose sight of that.
 


Things I am especially thankful for today:

My husband.
He was recently out of the country for some work-related training, and you don't realize how much you miss someone until they aren't there! I really, truly missed having him around. We take each other for granted too much. We desperately need a date night, if anyone is interested in babysitting an adorable 6 month old ;-)



My son.
Jesiah Blaine. My heart and soul.

 
My family.
I have such an awesome family. My parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece mean so much to me. I was also blessed to marry into an amazing family. My in-laws are such a blessing to me, and I couldn't have married into a better family.
 
My friends.
Beth. Melody. Steph. Becky. Abigail.
Thanks for being my go-to-girls :-)
 
 
My job as a teacher.
 I know I've had my share of complaints this year because of all the demands on teachers, and although I think we've been given way too much to do without the proper resources or time to do those things well, I still love to be a teacher. I love the moments when a child can ask a question, we can veer away from the lesson plan, and authentic learning can occur. Not just reading out of a scripted manual. Blah.

 
My coworkers.
I couldn't make it through the day without these people, my partners in crime.
Jen, Jen, Brianne, Gary, and Barb.
 
-inside joke-


...And it's 12:30am, which means I need to get up in 4.5 hours, so I better go get some sleep!

Hope to be back next week with a list of some less predicable things that I'm thankful for ;-)
 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy that you linked up! Love what you are thankful for. I know what you mean with teaching- both of my parents are teachers and I hear the same from them. Sad. But I am sure you still do an awesome job. I respect you for being able to juggle it all! You're a rock star! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great blessings!!! I can especially relate to the husband one-its so easy to take them for granted when they're by our side day after day. I guess that's one good thing about having a bit of time away-it makes us appreciate what we have in a whole new light! God is good to us for giving us amazing husbands!! Thanks so much for linking up with us! :) Hope you'll do it again!

    ReplyDelete