PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pinner-Approved! Recipe

I am always watching Pinterest for good recipe finds. One day, I came across this photo... and it screamed "COMFORT FOOD" to me! I pinned the recipe and have been waiting for an opportunity to make it. Tonight happened to be the night!
 
 
Yummmm-o, right?!
 
Here's what you need:
 
2 cups macaroni pasta
1 lb hamburger
1 quart tomato juice or vegetable juice
2 tsp dehydrated onion flakes or 1/2 of a small onion diced
2 tsp dehydrated celery flakes or 1 stick of celery chopped
1 tsp parsley flakes
salt and pepper
Optional: 1 can sweet corn undrained
 
My hubby is a hearty eater, and we love leftovers in our house...so I doubled the ingredients listed above. It made a heaping pot full of soup! I have plenty for lunch and dinner tomorrow, as well as several pints cooling to go into the freezer. I used ground beef in the recipe... but you could easily substitute venison or elk, if you prefer.
 
 
 
I hate buying a whole bunch of celery because I use what little bit I need and then the rest ends up going bad in my fridge... so to avoid that situation, I usually stop by a grocery store with a fresh salad bar and grab some chopped celery from the salad bar instead of buying a ton of celery that I'll never use. Saves me some chopping, too!
 
Also loved this recipe because it was ready in less than 30 minutes, start to finish.
 
1. Cook macaroni 8-10 minutes. While the macaroni is cooking, brown meat, chopped onion, and celery in a pan. Drain off fat when meat is cooked all the way through.
 
2. Drain the macaroni. Add the vegetable juice and corn to the cooked macaroni. Bring to a simmer.
 
3. Transfer the meat and cooked onion/celery to the soup mixture. Add in salt, pepper, parsley. I also add in a sprinkle of garlic powder. Let the whole pot simmer a few minutes and serve.
 
Easy-peazy :-)
 
 
Do you have a favorite comfort food recipe? :-)
This one is a good one!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment