PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 15, 2013

36 Weeks!

How Far Along? 37 Weeks Exactly
 
Size of Baby: At 36 weeks, baby is the size of a watermelon!
 
 
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Hanging steady at 0 pounds lost/gained. Got the "You need to eat more calories...." lecture at the doctor tonight. I have not gained weight according to the charts at the office since week 28 (I'm now 37 weeks). In one breath, the doctor says "The baby is gaining weight, and yet you are losing weight because you're not showing any gain on the scales... so you should eat more calories" and in the next breath, the doctor says, "But your baby is obviously growing and is average in size, so he's getting what he needs from you." Sooooo... that's about as clear as mud! Do I try to gain weight for the sake of gaining weight, or keep doing what I'm doing (watching my diet to control my blood sugars) and possibly maintain for the next two weeks? Never thought I'd have this issue with my pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: You betcha! Bought some nursing camis and tops to take to the hospital with some comfy sweat pants.
 
Gender: A little prince :-) 

Movement: While he has his sleepy periods, my baby boy continues to be very active in the evenings! He loves rolling from side to side and giving the occasional jab in the ribs. :-)
 
What I miss: My cute ankles.
 
Cravings: Steak. My hubby's steak on the grill, to be specific.
 
Symptoms: Fred Flintstone feet... Balloon feet... Cankles... Take your pick; there just isn't a nice way to put it. And, because this blog has been about the good/bad/ugly of my pregnancy, here's a glimpse at the U-G-L-Y:
  
 
As you can see, I was wearing my ballerina flats that day. Never knew I could have muffin-tops on my FEET! Granted, this was on one of those 80+ degree days last week, and my feet haven't been nearly as swollen this week in the 60 degree weather. I'm guzzling my 100+ ounces of water each day and putting these bad boys up for a couple of hours when I get home from work before going out to walk/exercise in the evenings.
 
And... so you're not completely traumatized by the unsightly image above, I'll share a picture of a positive pregnancy symptom... the good ol' pregnancy glow :-) I get lots of compliments on my skin and hair... gotta love all those good pregnancy hormones! I will miss the great skin/hair when baby is born, LOL.
 
 
Best Moment This Week:
Had another productive cleaning/organizing session with my Mom on Saturday. She has seriously been a life-saver to me over the last couple of weeks. She has helped with a lot of cleaning that needed done around the house, and it just helps me be able to relax a little more knowing that my house is in better shape. I'm sure we will have lots of company here in a couple of weeks!
 
While she was here on Saturday, she did some deep spring cleaning in the living room. While she was busy in the living room, I was back and forth from the baby's room to the kitchen, getting bottles ready and unpacking/organizing other baby items. I went ahead and boiled my new breast pump parts and all of the bottles and their parts that we might be using with the baby.
 
We shared a giggle when at one point, Mom was in the living room and asked, "What are you doing out there?" ...To which I responded, ''Oh, just boiling my nipples!"
 
:-)
 
That's something you don't get to say every day! But it's true, that's what I was doing:
 
 
 
 
Looking Forward To: Getting my classroom ready for my long-term sub and being able to leave work next week knowing my second grade babies are in good hands :-)
 
36 Weeks Pregnant:
 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It's true you sure are glowing! Thank God for Mommas. I know mom sure was a big help to me. Miss her! :'( Love You! <3

    ReplyDelete