PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 25, 2013

37 & 38 Weeks!

So... here we are! DAYS away from welcoming our baby boy into the world. Today was my first day of maternity leave, and there was so much to be done to prepare for a long-term sub to take over my classroom. I wanted to post my 37 week update earlier this week, and I just got so busy with getting ready for maternity leave that the 37 week post never happened. So... now that I have some time, here's a combined 37 & 38 week update :-) Hopefully I will have time to post a 39 week update on Monday before my induction on Tuesday... or maybe the baby will come before then?!
 
How Far Along? 38 Weeks and 3 Days
 
 
 
Size of Baby: A 7-8lb watermelon!
 
 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained a pound! WOOHOO!

Maternity Clothes: Really, really, really going to miss my maternity clothes. *sigh*
 
Gender: A sweet little boy... and I think we are 99% decided on a name!!! But you've waited this long for a name... you can wait a few more days ;-)

Movement: He's running out of room, but he's as active as ever. He's currently hanging out on my right side as I write this post (as you can see from this picture!)... but he was just rolling back and forth from side to side a minute ago. Can't wait to see how active he is when he gets here!
 
 
 What I miss: I know I'm going to miss having him in my belly... right now, I'm the only one who knows if he's awake or sleeping... has the hiccups... when he's moving around. Pretty soon I have to share him with the rest of the world, and I'm kinda nervous about that.
 
Cravings: Chicken tenders with honey mustard dipping sauce.
 
Symptoms: Still have some swelling on occasion. It's weird to walk around feeling like I have little water balloons on top of my feet. My feet actually jiggle as I walk when they're in their swollen state, LOL. Feels so bizzare! Thankfully, the rest of my body isn't really affected. My fingers aren't overly swollen. I've taken off a lot of my jewelry only because I don't want to take any chances of it getting cut off if I were to go into labor unexpectedly.
 
I've been checked for the last 3 weeks at each appointment. I had an appointment today... and I was really hoping for some progress. Unfortunately, my cervix is still closed; however, the doctor did say that I'm now 50% effaced (some progress from last week!). I've been drinking organic raspberry leaf tea in the mornings and at night to help tone my uterus for labor. I've also been walking almost every evening. Thank goodness for my neighbor, Amy. She helps to keep me motivated to walk!
 

 
Amy and I before a walk:
 
 
 One neighbor said, ''Are you trying to walk that baby out of you?!" LOL
 
Why yes, yes I am. :-)
 
 

Best Moment This Week:
 
 It was a lot of work getting ready for maternity leave... but my last day of work ended up being really special. Here I am, getting ready to leave my house in the morning for my last day of the year:
 
 
 
When I got to work, THIS was waiting for me. As soon as I saw it, I started to cry.
 
 
My team mates are the best. They brought in some tasty treats during our planning time and we just spent a little while celebrating my last day of work. Also got some really pretty flowers :-)
 
 
 
Today was my first day of maternity leave... and it was a busy one! I had an appointment at the hospital for a monitoring session, a hair appointment, and a doctor's appointment. Also squeezed in an amazing afternoon snooze-fest before making dinner, and then went for a walk with Amy.
 
List of Things to Do on Maternity Leave
 
-Monitoring at the hospital
-Hair appointment
-38 week doc appointment
Get car windows tinted
Lunch with Steph :-)
Pedis with Beth :-)
Hang out on the mountain this weekend with the fam
Monitoring at the hospital on Monday
39 week doc appointment
Get induced
HAVE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy rest of my time off with my sweet baby boy
 

Looking Forward To: See the above list. Especially the 11th item. :-)

 
37 Weeks Pregnant:

 
 
 
38 Weeks Pregnant:
 
 
 
 ***Nursery Reveal Coming Tomorrow***
:-)
 
Stay tuned!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment